Smart Lipo – Liposuction and Laser Body Sculpting
You’ve tried dieting. You’ve tried exercise. But parts of your body have simply refused to tone up and you’ve had it with those diet-and exercise-resistant areas. Consider body contouring with SmartLipo which destroys and permanently eliminates fat cells to help you achieve a trim, healthy-looking body.
Steve Zakany, M.D is a certified SmartLipo Laser Body Sculpting and Liposuction provider and has been trained by nationwide leading tumescent liposuction specialists. Dr. Zakany can literally change your shape in a matter of hours!
What is SmartLipo?
- Human fat, or adipose tissue, can be difficult to get rid of through exercise and diet alone. SmartLipo can be a relatively simple and quick solution to remove stubborn fat permanently.
- SmartLipo is the only FDA-cleared, dual-wavelength laser system designed to effectively liquefy fat and tighten skin through collagen remodeling. A recent clinical study showed SmartLipo to have a 20% skin tightening improvement in and around the treatment area.
Dr. Zakany uses a carefully calibrated powerful laser light beam to liquefy fat deposits and cellulite in the top layers of the skin. The laser painlessly ruptures fat cells and the resulting oil-like substance is then removed through a suction device inserted through a tiny incision in the skin. This small laser fiber can also seal blood vessels as it melts fat, so there is less swelling, bleeding and bruising than with traditional or tumescent liposuction. Research has shown that little, if any, fat is reabsorbed into the body.
Unlike traditional surgical liposuction, SmartLipo does not require IV sedation, several painful scar-producing incisions, or general anesthesia. Many of the risks associated with traditional liposuction such as those associated with general anesthesia & significant blood loss are eliminated with SmartLipo. Also, this procedure allows the patient to be awake which offers added safety and fewer post-operative complications.
How does SmartLipo work?
A very small cannula, or tube, approximately 1.0 mm to 2.0 mm in diameter containing a laser fiber, is inserted into the skin. The cannula is moved back and forth delivering the laser's energy to the fat cells, causing them to rupture and easily drain away. The laser energy also interacts with the dermis resulting in collagen shrinkage.
Due to the cannula's small size, SmartLipo is a minimally invasive procedure and can be performed under local anesthesia. The laser causes small blood vessels to coagulate immediately on contact, resulting in less bleeding, swelling and bruising and a quicker recovery time than conventional liposuction. Because general anesthesia is unnecessary, the procedure is very safe with only minimal side effects.
The fiber-optic cannula is inserted through a small puncture in the skin usually along creases that conceal the scar. As the laser melts the fats, it also coagulates the loose ends of small blood vessels. Compression garments are optional as the area will not bleed very much after the laser is removed. The granulation tissue (healing-tissues) does the rest of the work in contracting the treated area as well as the overlying skin.
SmartLipo laser produces no pain during the procedure. After the local anesthesia has worn off around the suction incision, patients occasionally feel aches and pains similar to having a vigorous workout. This is unlike traditional surgical liposuction where a patient has significant pain, swelling, bruising and a long recovery time. SmartLipo 's dual wavelength technology and exacting precision are reported to cause less bleeding, swelling, and bruising than traditional liposuction.
Results can be seen immediately with continued improvement over several months.
The SmartLipo procedure is an outpatient procedure performed while patients are awake. Patients love this technique because it is performed under local tumescent anesthesia and there is little-to-no pain during the procedure. Some of our patients are physically able to return to work immediately after the SmartLipo procedure, but we normally advise a day or two of rest.
Advantages to Patient
- Dr. Zakany uses only minimally invasive non-surgical techniques
- Your Procedure is done while awake, no general anesthesia is necessary
- Little or no pain during procedure
- Results are noticed almost immediately
- We never use general anesthesia, no IV's, no cutting
- Your recovery is faster and easier with little to no downtime
- There are no unsightly scars, no stitches, minimal bruising
- Refined techniques and expertise result in greater skin tightening for all ages
- Advanced methods replace old aggressive, traditional liposuction surgery
- Gentle techniques and excellent skills achieve permanent, superior results!
- Our SmartLipo laser liposuction procedure pricing includes all of the items listed below, including:
- Procedure and follow-up appointments
- Post-op medications prescriptions
- Pre-op surgical consultation
- Pre-op Medical Exam
- Local anesthesia and sedation
- Surgical procedure
- Medical assistance during procedure
- Post-op garment
- Lab work, if needed, is an additional fee
Who is the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate:
- Is in good health and exercises regularly
- Is within 25 lbs. of his or her ideal weight
- Has one or more areas of local body fat deposits that have responded poorly to diet and exercise
- Is bothered by fatty areas and motivated to get rid of them permanently
- Is in good health, exercises regularly, and is within 25 lbs. of his/her ideal weight;
- has one or more areas of local body fat deposits that have responded poorly to diet and exercise;
- Is bothered by these fatty areas, and is motivated to get rid of them permanently.
- You're seeking shorter recovery time. SmartLipo™ patients are typically back to work within 1-2 days following their procedure. Bandages are removed 1-2 weeks after that.
- You want a procedure that is FDA approved. The SmartLipo and SmartLipo workstations have been cleared by the FDA and remain as one of the fasting growing, and safest procedures in the cosmetic surgery field.
- You have concerns of loose skin resulting from the excess removal of fat after the procedure. Many patients of traditional liposuction find that their skin does not adjust to the reduction of fat deposits. This tendency often results in unattractive "droops". These patients often require skin lifts that can lead to scars, thus rendering the initial liposuction treatment useless. But by pulling the surrounding skin inward, SmartLipo laser technology can reconstruct the layers immediately under the patient's skin, greatly reducing areas of sagging skin.
- You want permanent results. Everyone is born with a set number of fat cells. Once the fat cells are removed from a particular area of the body, they will never return, thus making it impossible for additional fat to accumulate later.
- SmartLipo is not designed to replace a healthy lifestyle which includes a balanced diet and exercise. You cannot become physically fit by undergoing SmartLipo. To be a qualified candidate, you must demonstrate that you have a healthy lifestyle and will respond positively to the treatment. In some cases, people will use liposuction to kick start a lifestyle modification program that includes a better diet and exercise program. Additionally, a good candidate for SmartLipo should have realistic expectations about the procedure's capabilities. Before you decide to have SmartLipo , think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with the physician during your consultation visit.
Does laser-assisted liposuction produce lasting results?
Yes! Adults do not create new fat cells. When a person gains weight, the fat cells expand. The SmartLipo procedure permanently removes the fat cells. Should you gain weight, most fat will be deposited in areas where the procedure was not done.
Visit our Online Gallery for Before & After Photos