Acoustic Wave Therapy
What is Acoustic Wave Therapy?
Acoustic Waves are sound waves with high-pressure amplitudes in comparison to the ambient pressure. Acoustic Wave Therapy by Storz Medical AG of Switzerland creates waves generated by a D-Actor® module. The handheld module is applied directly to the affected area, thereby releasing and breaking down the Cellulite.
Acoustic wave pressure passes through the layers of skin and fat to impact the connective tissue. Ultimately, this pressure breaks up the collagen and releases the skin to produce a smoother surface. AWT has a significant impact on the leading cause of cellulite which is the hardening of the connective tissues and protrusion of fat into the lower dermis.
Acoustic Wave Therapy Cellulite treatment is proven effective in:
- Reducing or completely removing cellulite
- Eliminating lymphatic congestion
- Regulating muscle tone
- Improving the appearance of stretch marks
- Promoting smoother, more youthful-looking skin
What kind of results do patients typically experience?
Clients experience improvement in skin texture, improvement in skin elasticity, firming of the skin dermis and some circumference reduction after AWT depending on the stage of cellulite and aging factors.
How long do Acoustic Wave Therapy treatments last?
Initial treatments take 30 minutes, one to two times weekly. Commit to six to 12 treatments and you’ll see extraordinary results depending on the stage of Cellulite and aging factors.
How does AWT compare with other treatments?
AWT is a non-invasive treatment that treats problematic cellulite on multiple levels and that is why it is producing greater results than other treatments.
- Mesotherapy is an invasive process whereby a solution is injected into the skin with a series of needles.
- Endermologie involves vacuum roller massage. It was invented more than 20 years ago but science and technology have come a long way since then.
- Hypoxi is not a treatment administered by a therapist. Hypoxi requires the client to participate in strenuous exercises.
- Laser Cellulite Treatments, RF Cellulite Treatments, Ultrasound Cellulite Treatments are heat-based treatments that usually involve Necrosis (the death of living cells). It is important to ask any therapist offering these treatments if any necrosis is involved. These treatments penetrate to a depth of 3mm whereas Acoustic Wave can penetrate to 6mm.